Double Deep Pallet Racking is a storage system that is midway between modifiable pallet racking systems and dense storage systems. In double-deep pallet racking, the section loads are stored mechanically by forklifts that move onwards the aisles organized in parallel to the racking systems.
Studies show that double-deep pallet racking improves a warehouse’s storage ability by up to 30% more than selective pallet racking does. Setting up two pallet racks back to back, you can shorten the area of space needed for securing the warehouse.
1. It utilizes total floor space with a proper aisle/shelving ratio
2. It raises storage capacity by up to 40% with good selectivity
3. Possible to Organize product lines together by storing two pallets deep
4. It could easily modify to adjust shelf levels or alter to the selective rack.
5. A Cost-effective racking.
To find out if double deep racking will help your business to increase warehouse processes and minimize costs, contact our team – click here.
Managing a warehouse with perfect pallet orientation systems is maintaining LIFO(last in first Out).
Double Deep corresponds to selective racking, but double-deep pallets are now stored two rows deep in lieu of one. This type of racking, therefore, requires specialized pallet handling equipment using either a specialized forklift or a standard unit with a double deep managing accessory.