Rack Supported Building
Rack Supported Building Automated Distribution Center
Rack Supported Building mostly used in ASRS racking system. It is also applicable for others racking system. Basically, the frame of rack which is the combination of upright, diagonal bracing and horizontal bracing replace the building supported columns. The pallet racking is then covered with walls to protect the interior of the building from outside elements.
Rack Supported Warehouses offer the highest possible storage density along with the lowest high rise storage construction costs when compared with structural steel frame buildings.
Ideal Applications for rack Supported Structures
Rack Supported buildings can be utilized in manufacturing, warehouse and distribution facilities in an unlimited number of ways. These are some the ideal applications for rack supported structures:
- Freezer or cooler exterior structures
- Maintenance shops
- Climate Controlled storage warehouse
- Drive controlled storage warehouse
- Drive thru buildings materials storage
- High Density dry storage
- It can be easily integrated with ASRS Racking System.
- It is also applicable for other racking system like Selective Pallet Racking System, Semi automated Racking System and Drive in Racking System.
- Can be built at height over 130 ft.
- Reduced the building column by racking frame
- Lower Initial construction cost
- It can built within very short time
- Ideal for high wind, snow load, and seismic applications, as forces are spread across multiple racking frames.